Our kindergarten offers a comprehensive play based program using The Early Years Learning Framework “Belonging, Being, Becoming” which is a national curriculum framework.
For extended information about the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia please visit the Department of Education and Training website or download one of the information booklets found on this page.
This is combined with the more global inquiry philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Children are encouraged to be inquirers, critical thinkers and risk takers so that they can be knowledgeable, principled, caring, open minded, well balanced and reflective.
The 5 Learning Outcomes of the EYLF are designed to integrate and develop the complex learning dispositions, skills and knowledge of children under 5 years of age.
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators Literacy and numeracy, arts and science are always part of our curriculum.
Our program is flexible and allows children to:
- Develop their social skills through interactions with peers and staff in a safe play environment
- Use their imagination, problem solve, question, brainstorm and think critically.
- Follow up interests and to meet needs relevant to themselves and others.
- Become independent, self motivated learners
- Have the freedom to manage their own time and learning
- Have opportunities to explore a wide range of learning experiences though play
Our Award Winning Mathematics Project
We continuously observe children, record and evaluate our program to assess its effectiveness and monitor each child’s developmental progress.
Our program is documented in our floor books which are titled “Big Book of Learning.” Our noticeboard and newsletters may also inform you of our current intentional teaching.
Our program is an emergent curriculum based on children’s interests and play ideas, formative assessment and Professional reflection and judgement. We value parent feedback and suggestions about learning and possible curriculum directions, and encourage written comments in our Big Book of Learning.
We value any time and skills you wish to contribute to the program and encourage your involvement in the centre to further enrich your child’s learning.
Please note all documents are provided in PDF format and will open in a new window.
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia||718 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia - Information for Families||171KB||Adobe PDF|